[video credit:Jeju Convention & Visitors Bureau http://www.jejucvb.or.kr/ (English, Chinese, Japanese)
[Photo credit: Korea Tourism Organization (http://www.visitkorea.or.kr) (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, French, Spanish, German, Russian, Thai)]
- Largest island of Korea
- Located in the southernmost region of Korea
- Island of unique cultural folk heritage as well as geographical and historical relevance
- World-renowned volcanic island
- Listed as a UNESCO Natural Heritage Site under the name of "Jeju Volcanic Island and Lava Tubes." This includes Hallasan Natural Reserve, the Geomunoreum Lava Tube System, and Seongsan Ilchulbong Peak.
- Resort island with magnificent views
- Important hub connecting numerous nations, both continental (Russia and China) and island (Japan and Southeast Asia)
- Island with best convention infrastructure (including a cluster of hotels, tourist destinations, and entertainment facilities all within the Jungmun Resort Complex where the International Convention Center Jeju is located)
- Selected as the best international convention destination in Asia in 2015 and 2016 (by the European business travel magazine Business Destinations)
- Ranked as the top international convention city with the highest satisfaction rate in Korea Jeju: 4.63, Seoul: 4.34 out of 5 (according to the 2015 Korea Competitiveness Survey Report by the Korea Tourism Organization)
|Location||Situated in the center of Northeast Asia, Jeju lies equidistant from South Korea, China, and Japan|
|Population||686,849 (as of June 2018)|
|Visa||All visitors to Jeju may stay up to 30 days without visa (except for 34 countries : Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cameroon, Cuba, Egypt, Gambia, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine, Senegal, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Uzbekistan, Yemen)|
*Please note that Visa-free entry is only available for travelers from 180 countries when arriving in and departing from Jeju on direct international flights.
Half-day Tour Program
- For those interested, the Secretariat has prepared a tour program for the KETO 2018 participants.
- The tour will be held on Saturday afternoon, October 6, 2018 starting from 13:00.
- The price is 44,000 won per person.
|Application||Anyone who wants to participate in the tour can register on google form on KETO 2018 website by Oct 2nd.
|Price||The tour costs 44,000 won including guides, transportation, dinner and entrance fee.|
|Payment||Payment is made on-site, and only Korean won and credit cards (Visa, Master card) are accepted.|
|Important to Note||
※ Can be cancelled if the minimum number (10 persons) is not reached.